After 20 years, we’re finally ready to answer the age old question:
What the hell does bowling and punk rock have to do with each other?
Answer: Other than a good time, absolutely NOTHING! And yet they work so well together!
It all started many Bloody Mary mornings ago (1999) when brothers, Shawn and Mark Stern decided over a round at the local alley that they wanted to throw a bowling party for their friends in the punk rock community consisting of bands, labels and zines at the time. What started as a small party and an excuse to head to Las Vegas, morphed into what is now known as the rager of all ragers, Punk Rock Bowling and Music Festival.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
The Stern brothers have been involved in the DIY punk rock community since the late 70’s:
- Playing music in Youth Brigade, Royal Crown Revue, That’s It!, The Extremes, Mess
- Put together the US/Canada tour of Youth Brigade & Social Distortion in an old school bus that become a ground breaking documentary “Another State Of Mind”
- Generation magazine music publisher and magazine publisher
- Promoted shows for Godzilla’s, Youth Movements ’82 & ’83
- They run one of the longest standing punk rock labels in the U.S., BYO Records (Youth Brigade, 7 Seconds, SNFU, Agression, Bouncing Souls, Hepcat, Nofx/Rancid, Alkaline Trio/One Man Army, Leatherface/Hot Water Music, The Briefs, Swingin’ Utters and many more!)
- Toured much of the world playing music, sharing idea’s and meeting thousands of people.
The Sterns are dedicated to the ideals of individuality, thinking for yourself, being a force for change and standing up against authoritarian, fascist, sexist, racist, anti-semitic, homophobic and other forms of oppression in culture, government, businesses and institutions. Mark and Shawn have been doing this for more than 40 years of their lives and hope to continue as long as people believe that we can all affect change for the better through what we do.
ABOUT THE EVENTS
Punk Rock Bowling & Music Festival returns this May 24-27, 2019 to Las Vegas for Round XXI of the best punk rock and bowling party on the planet!
If you’re a Punk Rock Bowling and Music Festival (PRB) virgin (greenhorn, amateur), here’s what you need to know:
PRB in it’s entirety goes from Friday, May 24 – Monday, May 27, 2018 in Downtown Las Vegas (view festival site map)
- The Outdoor Music Festival (All Ages) runs Saturday, May 25 – Monday, 27 (3 Days)
- Festival Lineup TBA!
- Late Night Club Shows (21+) go from Friday, May 24 – Monday, May 27 (4 Days). These tickets are sold separately.
- Club Show Ticketing Info
- Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament at the Golden Nugget with cash prizes! Friday, May 24
- Amateur Bowling Tournament with loads of cash prizes happens before the festival Saturday, May 25, finals on Sunday
- Pool Parties with bands & Dj’s- Saturday, May 25 through Monday, 27 (3 Days).
- Plus: Comedy and punk rock lounge acts, punk rock movie screenings, merch vendors, art show and more!
- Please visit our FAQ Page for more details and information